RESOLUTIONS OF THE 10TH SAFAC ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD FROM 22ND TO 24TH OCTOBER, 2012 MASERU - LESOTHO
1.Members agreed to form a committee of three countries i.e. Lesotho, Mozambique and Zimbabwe to follow up the formation of SADC Anti-Corruption Committee (SACC).
2.Members agreed to approach Development Partners like African Development Bank (AfDB), World Bank and UNDP for assistance in implementing SAFAC activities because the Strategic Plan is now in place.
3.Members who attended the 10th SAFAC AGM adopted the Strategic Plan 2013-2017 with the following amendments:
- That the SAFAC Vision should be “TOWARDS A CORRUPTION FREE SADC REGION.”
- That the SAFAC Mission should be “TO PREVENT AND COMBAT CORRUPTION IN THE SADC REGION THROUGH COLLABORATION, NETWORKING AND HARMONIZATION OF POLICIES AND LEGISLATIONS.”
- That the Core Values of SAFAC Strategic Plan should remain as they appear in the original Strategic Plan.
- That “Recovery of Proceeds of Crimes” should be added as one of the goals/strategic results.
- That the four objectives (A-D) should be adopted subject to minor amendments listed below:
- Objective A should read: “To Review, Develop and Harmonize Policies and Legislation.”
- Objective Description Part I should read: “Despite the efforts that have been made by the Government of SADC Member States, corruption is still a problem.”
- Objective Description Part II should read: “SAFAC will promote domestication of regional and international conventions and protocols on corruption and harmonise legislation, policies and procedures.”
- Under Strategies, bullet number 3 was deleted; bullet number 5 should read “Lobby the remaining SADC States to ratify the SADC Protocol.”
- Under Out Put; bullet number 4 was deleted.
- Should read: “To Mobilize and Coordinate Financial Resources.”
- Under Objective Description; Part II the words “Private Sector both in the Region and globally” should be removed.
- Under Key Performance Indicators; bullet number 3 should read: “Annual Action plans financed.”
- Under Targets; bullet number 2 should read “100% contributions by all Member States.”
- Under Strategies; bullet number 3 should read “Mobilization of Funds from Development Partners (DPs).”
- Under Output; bullet number 3 should read “Contributions to the Regional Fund from Development Partners.”
- Objective C should read: “To Establish and Develop capacity of SAFAC Secretariat.”
- Under Objective Description Part II should read: “SAFAC will establish and develop a Secretariat Office to operationalise day to day activities as well as facilitating and coordinating Member States.”
- Under Key Performance Indicators a new Indicator was placed which read: “A fully fledged Secretariat office by 2013.”
- Under Strategies; bullet number 1 should read: “Coordination and implementation of SAFAC Strategic Plan.” And bullet number 4 should read: “Conduct a training needs assessment/study.”
- Under Output; bullet number 1 should read: “SAFAC Strategic Plan implemented.” Bullet number 3, 4 and 5 to be moved to Objective D.
- Objective D; should read: “To strengthen networking, collaboration and Institutional development among Member States.”
- Under Objective Description Part II; should read “SAFAC will promote collaboration and networking through conferences, workshops to exchange information and experiences, research, public education, advocacy, mutual assistance and training.”
- Under Key Performance Indicator; bullet number 1 should read; “Memorandum of Understanding signed and implemented.”
- Under Target; bullet number 1 should read: “Memorandum of Understanding signed by all Member States.” Bullet number 2 should read: “One Joint Research Project per annum.” There was an additional target - Bullet number 4 which read: “1 Training Module to be executed per annum.”
- Under Strategies; Bullet number 1 was deleted and bullet number 3 should read: “Establish Memorandum of Understanding to facilitate Mutual Assistance among Member States.”
- Under Output; bullet number 2 should read: “Memorandum of Understanding on Mutual Assistance developed and signed.” Bullet number 4 should read: “Joint Research and Training conducted and published.”
4.Members agreed that the Strategic Plan Experts (Botswana and Tanzania) should incorporate all the amendments agreed by members and send the Amended Strategic Plan to the SAFAC Chair for perusal and thereafter send the document to the SAFAC Secretariat for onward transmission to SAFAC Members for ownership.
5.Members agreed that there should be constant communication among Member States.
6.Members agreed that there should be a budget for the implementation of Strategic Plan 2013-2017.
7.Members agreed that the Secretariat should send invoices for the annual subscription to Member States immediately after every Annual General Meeting.
8.Management Committee re-elected Mauritius as the Chair to the Training Committee. Malawi, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Tanzania were elected to form the Training Committee.
9. Mozambique was nominated as the host for the 11th SAFAC AGM but subject to confirmation. In case Mozambique will not be able to host the meeting Zambia will be the Host of the 11th SAFAC AGM.