Sleep disturbances encompass disorders of initiating and maintaining sleep, insomnias, disorders of excessive somnolence, dysfunction associated with sleep, disturbance in sleep-wake schedules and sleep stages, partial arousals etc. The clinician should be aware of the broad categories of sleep disorders within which sleep and arousal disorders are classified in order to treat the sleep disturbance and clarifying the complaints.
Sleep disorders are caused by different health problems, hectic schedules, regular stress or other influences and can affect the sleeping ability of a person. The number of cases has increased tremendously in the United States. More than 75 percent of people in America between the age group of 20 and 60 have reported regular sleeping disorders. The lack of sleep due to the sleeping disorder results in the deterioration of health and energy and a negative impact on mood and concentration. Often sleeping disorders are caused due to another medical condition or can also be a symptom for a medical condition. The sleeping disorder can be treated through medical treatments if it does not go away on its own.
It is important to get a diagnosis and start the treatment immediately for a speedy relief of sleep disturbances. If the sleep disorder is left untreated, it can increase the negative effects on the health.
What Are The Symptoms Od Sleep Disturbances?
- Lack of concentration
- Fatigue during daytime
- Having difficulty in falling and staying asleep
- Taking more naps during the day
- Anxiety and irritability
What Causes Sleep Disturbances?
Sleep disorders and sleep disturbances can be caused due to several reasons or it can be due to some underlying health problems.
- Respiratory problems and allergies, upper respiratory infections and colds.
- Frequent urination or Nocturia can also disrupt your sleep.
- Chronic pain due to arthritis, continuous headaches, and lower back pain, inflammatory bowel disease etc. can affect your sleep.
- Anxiety and stress are the major cause of sleep disturbances and have a severe impact on your health.
How To Treat Sleep Disturbances?
The relief of sleep disturbance can be achieved through different methods which depend on the type of disorder and its underlying cause. The general treatment includes medical treatments along with a change in lifestyle.
- Medical Treatments for sleep disturbances includes sleeping pills like buy zopiclone online and Modafinil, cold and allergy medication, melatonin supplements, medically treating other health issues, breathing surgery etc.
- Lifestyle changes include eating more fishes and vegetables, reducing anxiety and stress, less consumption of water before bedtime, following a specific sleeping schedule, less consumption of alcohol and tobacco, eating carbohydrate meals before sleep etc. Change in lifestyle when followed with medical treatment improves the quality of sleep.
Sleep disturbance is different from arousal and sleep disorders when the symptoms are considered. The effect of sleep disorders or disturbance can be highly negative on your health and it is important to obtain relief of sleep disturbance immediately. The long-term cases are difficult to treat but it is not impossible to treat if you stick with regular medication along with a slight change in lifestyle.