Cushions have a rich history, from the Greeks to the Egyptians – all of them used it. It has been one of the oldest accessories of decor. In the modern-day setting, cushions find a place of utmost relevance in the living room, on the sofa to be precise.
They find two primary uses, utilitarian and decorative. Some cushion pillows help to accentuate the overall colour scheme of the furniture you are going for and some pillows are merely used for comfort.
A perfect cushion for your living room is the one that matches your needs, be it aesthetics or arm support. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you want to buy cushions:
- The Couch – A cushion is incomplete without a couch. It can create some interesting contrast with the couch when used with the right colours. Since they are smaller in size, you may want to choose a cushion that has bright colours so they stand out.
- The Patterns – Patterns have a significant effect on our subconscious mind, so we have to be careful while choosing a pattern depending on the mood you want to create. You can find a great variety from comic graphics to chevron prints from spaces.in
- The Quantity – Often overlooked, this an important factor when you are buying cushions online. For a more unconventional look, you can go for three cushions and for a sense of harmony and balance you can go with two or even numbers.
- The Arrangement – When you want to buy cushions, you have to keep in mind the arrangement you are looking for. There are various arrangements one can choose from – a 3-2-3 arrangement where you have 3 large cushions of contrasting colours at the edges of the sofa and 2 smaller cushions in the center that fit with the colour palette.
- The Size: Pick a cushion too large and it will dominate the sofa and lose its charm, choose a cushion too small and it would appear as a misfit for your couch or sofa.